11 reasons why you think you don’t need a coach
Breaking the myth
When talking to prospects, I notice they are afraid to invest in a coach and they tell themselves all kinds of reasons why they think they don’t need coaching. In this article for Brainz Magazine I am breaking the myth.
Coaching to me is the shortcut to success, taking your entrepreneurial journey from the farm road to the motorway. Of course I have my own, because I don’t see my own blind spots. And I haven’t achieved my goals yet. Even when I have achieved my goals, I know there will be another goal to reach, I just love to challenge myself. Just like the top athletes, I understand the imporance and value of a professional expert helping me to become the best version of myself and I happily invest in them, because it is an investment in me and I’m definitely worth it.
What are the 11 reason of not having a coach?
So what are the reasons people say they don’t need it? I have gathered the 11 most mentioned reasons why people think they don’t need coaching. And I have mentioned what they’re missing out of with that fixed mindset. Here are the 11 reasons people bring up:
- I can do it on my own
- It is too expensive
- I don’t have time for coaching
- I don’t know what a coach can do for me
- I’ve already achieved success on my own
- It is only for people who are struggling
- I don’t want someone telling me what to do
- I can get advice from friends and family for free
- I’ve tried it before and it didn’t work for me
- I already have a trainer/mentor
- I’m too old/too young/too experienced/too inexperienced
Maybe you recognize some of them, or who knows, you even might have used them in te past. In Brainz Magazine I’m breaking that myth and explain what you’re missing out of. Click on the picture for the full article: